You’ve earned it: Give yourself a break
How to take (even a short) vacation leave
Besides medical, maternity, parental and family leaves, the CUPE3911-AU Collective Agreement, 2016-2019 (with retroactive provisions to 2014) provides members with annual vacation leave (Article 13). You may have noticed you receive vacation pay, at 8% of your bi-weekly earnings. You are paid in advance for days you may take off during the year, depending on your role. And while you might come back to a pile of assignments to grade; you get a break, because the “standard of service” start-date is re-set for the day you return to your desk.
Apply for vacation/leave:
1. Find instructions and the “Tutor Leave Request and Change of Information Form”
- Go to MyAU >Tutor Services > Resources > Forms > Tutor Leave Request and Change of Information Form
2. Fill and submit to your course coordinator(s) for approval.
3. Send a copy of your approved leave request to email@example.com and cc: Course Coordinator(s).
4. You will receive instructions from LST, if and when a leave is approved, to guide your effort to communicate you vacation days to students and others who may try to reach you while you are ‘off-desk.’
Questions about the form or process? Reach out to LST firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com.
Then take a few deep breaths. It is good to prioritize your occupational health and well-being. Everyone wins!